Arel Moodie International (AMI)

What is Success? Who is Arel Moodie? Why Should I Care? These questions are answerd in this blog :)

Monday, May 3, 2010

The Only Thing Constant Is Change

Let me ask you something: have you felt like things are spinning out of control in your life recently? Like there are just about a thousand and one things you need to do in a day, and you don’t have enough time to do them all? The next thing you know, the day goes by and you’re thinking to yourself, “Damn, I didn’t get anything done today!”

You’re not alone.

Life is speeding up on you, and change is the only thing that is constant. A lot of people out there are just waiting for things to go back to normal. Let me tell you, they will be waiting for a very long time. Though that feeling of change and having so much to do will never really go away, you can learn to manage it so you are not idling but moving forward.

Often people start to look to others who seem like they have everything in control (key word is “seem”) and start comparing themselves to them. If only I could be like Johnny, my life would be better; if only I were as pretty as Tammy, I would be confident. If only I were as talented as Brian, I would have my life in order. Or worse, it becomes I’ll never be as good as him or I’m so stupid, I’ll never be good at anything.

This self-defeating behavior happens because you’re attaching your worth to the outer world, which is inherently transient.

Arel Moodie is widely known as America's Top Young Speaker. He has spoken to over 65,000 students in 39 states and 2 countries on the topics of student success, student leadership and student entrepreneurship. He is a leading authority on helping students of this generation succeed in school and in life. He is also the best selling author of the book Your Starting Point For Student Success. To find out more about Arel's book, go to www.startingpointbook.com. To find out more about Arel's speaking please go to www.arelmoodie.com.

No comments: