Arel Moodie International (AMI)

What is Success? Who is Arel Moodie? Why Should I Care? These questions are answerd in this blog :)

Monday, June 2, 2008

First new post for my new blog

So this is the first blog posting for my college success program blog.

I never really got into blogging before but I realize how much fun writing can be when you are actually writing about stuff that really interests you.

This blog is intended for college students, administrators and professors to use as a resource for creating success in college.

Now am I aware that today is June 2nd which means most colleges have already finished their Spring semester, but you know what, that leads into my first blog entry

There is never a perfect time to start!

I thought it would be appropriate to start off like this because one challenge I know a lot of us deal with is "timing". I have to make sure the timing is right before I do something, anything. You know what I'm talking about, I'll start planning my career later, I'm just a (fill in the blank excuse you would use) I don't have to worry about that stuff now.


What I've seen happen is too many people think like that and then all of a sudden find themselves 50 years old looking around asking themselves "how the heck did I get here, I haven't accomplished anything with my life". What's funny is that this used to be a "Mid-life crisis" thing but now I'm sure you've heard of the "Quarter-Life Crisis"
which basically means those under the age 25 freeking out about what to do with their lives.

So here is the advice. If you do this next exercise, congrats you are part of the 2% that actually take action. Go ahead and grab a piece of paper, write the biggest thing that you've been procrastinating on doing. Break it down to as many small chunks as you can and get 'er done!

No comments: