Arel Moodie International (AMI)

What is Success? Who is Arel Moodie? Why Should I Care? These questions are answerd in this blog :)

Sunday, August 16, 2009

The Difference Between Self-Esteem and Vanity

I Came across this great way of looking at self-esteem versus vanity and thought it was well said. I wish I could have put this in my book. Let me know your thoughts on the matter

"Self-esteem is based on the realization of one's capacities, of what can do. Vanity is the feeling that admiration and exaltation should be expressed for what one has done"
-Abraham Twerski

1 comment:

ElBerto said...

I like this definition because one (self-esteem) is forward thinking, what CAN I do for the world, and the other is backward thinking and congratulatory what HAVE I done for the world. Granted it could use more because are we suppose to not show pride in our accomplishments? The basic premise is cool though because I think you create more value by being a forward-thinker.