Arel Moodie International (AMI)

What is Success? Who is Arel Moodie? Why Should I Care? These questions are answerd in this blog :)

Friday, January 23, 2009

Offering False Hope To a Nation?


“We’ve been asked to pause for a reality check, we’ve been warned against offering the people of this nation false hope, but in the unlikely story that is America there has never been anything false about hope.” - 44

There is nothing more powerful than finding the words that give us meaning, that give us purpose. There is nothing more powerful than the moment where things actually click in your mind and you finally get it. You finally get what you’ve been striving for, for so many years. You finally feel your inner pitch fork resonating on a frequency that reigns true in your heart. There is little that compares to understanding a message so powerful that you are moved to tears and you feel more “one” than you ever have before.

There are many messages out there of personal development and no one idea is any better than any other. The true importance is to hear a message in a way that will resonate within you, the messenger is only a conduit to bring electricity into your heart and into your actions. You may hear something a million times, and you may do something hundreds of times over, but when you finally “get it”, when you finally just get it, the power in that moment is unforgettable.

My individual mission in life is probably not very different than yours. Like you I strive to make this world a better place in the little way that I can, to touch lives and bring an inner strength to people that makes this life worth living not just for others but for ourselves as well.

After speaking at a conference in Long Beach California empowering the minds of educators, directors and youth to be proactive about this upcoming time in our lives, to not only want change but to actively pursue it and face the challenges with bravery and hope, countless people came up to me and told me that they needed that message, they told me how much meaning to their lives they received in just one hour, they told me how much more they believe that it’s possible. It was hearing people tell wholeheartedly that I was able to give them the needed inspiration, the proverbial “shot in the arm” to start being proactive instead of reactive that sparked inside of me. Something powerful that if it had a name I would share it with you, but it doesn’t or I haven’t found the words yet.

My message can be seen as common sense with uncommon wisdom. I believe where too many others go wrong is that they miss the “2 Phase Approach”. Phase 1 is The Why and Phase 2 is the How. I strive to not only provide my audiences with the Why to get them motivated and fired up but also with the How so they can take that energy and actually do something with it. Too many times we get fired up and lose momentum because we just don’t know what to do next, your mission and mine is to help lead people through the 2 phases, though both are independently and equally important in their own right.

As I sat on the Jet Blue ride back home, I listened to the “Yes We Can” song over and over again, and literally found tears rolling down my face like an avalanche of unstoppable emotion because I realized that those 3 little words, though simple and heard many times truly sums it up for me. Because I know that you and all the people I’m fortunate enough to encounter can. Can be what they want and who they want. Yes we can to opportunity and prosperity, Yes we can and Yes you can heal this nation but most importantly yes you can heal yourself. Never give up fighting for what you believe in, never.

**************************************************************************
It is my passion and purpose to add value to people's lives. If you want an amazing Black History Month Presentation for your students? Check our Arel's newest addition Will You Be Remembered?

No comments: